When you enroll for classes in our studio we wish that your participation will be a most pleasant experience, and that yoga will bring a lasting improvement in your life. We look forward to working with you and will make our best effort to achieve this goal. Here are a few suggestions on how you could help us and each other to succeed.
- If you are new to our studio arrive at least 10 minutes early to find parking, check in at the desk and familiarize yourself with our facility.
- Advise your instructor of any injury, medical condition or pregnancy before the begining of the class.
- Remove your shoes in the entrance area.
- Ensure that your cell phone is turned off during class.
- Keep your voice low while a class is in progress.
- Go at your own pace, be gentle and respectful towards your body.
- Stay for the entire final relaxation to maximize benefits from your practice.
- Remember to pick up and neatly put away props used during class.
- If you have any difficulty or discomfort during an exercise, or any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to talk to the instructor before or after the class.
For the most benefit from the class, consider the following suggestions:
- Come well hydrated and eat no later than 2 hours prior to your practice.
- Wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothing.
- Bring your own yoga mat. Yoga mats are available for purchase, and we have some spares if you forget yours.
- Avoid wearing perfume or scented products
BEFORE THE CLASS:
- On arrival check in at the front desk.
- Avoid walking or stepping in the the carpeted area with shoes.
- Switch off cellphones, and turn off any alarms (including the hourly indicator) on your watch.
- Be mindful that others might be relaxing in the yoga room prior to class, so keep your voice low.
- Keep valuables by your side rather than in the coat area.
WE HOPE THAT YOU WILL ENJOY THE CLASSES!