October 17, 2019
Warm Greetings from Yoga on Corydon!
It is beginning to feel like fall, a good time to slow down and reflect, get deeper into yoga practice and more…….
We are going into a new session October 27– December 23 for 8 weeks (Sunday and Monday classes 9 weeks).
You will find the schedule on this website and on handouts in the studio.
- Remembrance Day (November 11) – the morning class 9:45 am will join 1:30pm class. The remaining classes will be held at their regular time.
- Change in Saturday classes – starting on November 2nd we are joining the two morning classes presently offered into one class at 10:00 am.
There are number of events planned to bring guests to a free class:
- Friends and Family Week October 20-26 – no registration required in selected classes. Please check our website and studio posters for the class times.
- Introductory Class on Saturday, October 26, 1-2pm (register by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-284-8877.
- Karma Meditation Class on Sunday, October 27, 7-8 pm – a donation to Siloam Mission will be greatly appreciated.
Once again we are offering the popular Myofascial Release Practice to be held on three Saturdays 1-3 pm. It is a special practice of releasing muscle and fascia tension by self massage techniques with use of myofascial tools and your own hands in combination with gentle yoga stretches.
- November 2nd – Feet to Hips: Supporting Our Foundation of Movement
- November 9th – The Core: Improving Digestion, Breath and Posture
- November 16th – Shoulders Neck and Face: Releasing Tension and Headaches
You will find more information about all these events on the studio handouts, our website or Facebook.
We are looking forward to seeing you in the classes and at the special events,
Jana, Diane and Tracy
If you would like to receive our future Newsletters by email, please submit your name and email address below.
April 19 – 25, 2020
Bring a friend or family member to a class for free.
We are offering a free Introductory class on the following Saturdays from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. :
- January 4, 2020
- February 29, 2020, and
- May 2, 2020
Space is limited! Please call us at 204-284-8877, or e-mail email@example.com for more information, and to register.
We will be open on Remembrance Day, Monday, November 11. The 9:45 a.m. class will join the 1:30 p.m. class.
Once again we have begun holding our free donation based meditation class on the last Sunday of each month, 7:00 – 8:00 p.m., with donations going to the Siloam Mission.
(suggested donation is $8).
The next classes will be:
- January 26, 2020
- February 23, 2020, and
- March 29, 2020
Wear comfy, stretchy clothes to sit. No registration required. Doors will open at 6:30 pm.
Bring your yoga mat to the class.
Diane’s Stretch & Relax classes feature a slow-paced style of yoga known as Yin Yoga.
The Yin yoga classes are scheduled throughout the week. Please go to Class Schedules to find the most suitable class for you.
Yin Yoga is a practice that targets the deep connective tissues of the body – ligaments, bones and joints. Poses are typically held for minutes at a time and generally target the pelvis, hips and lower spine. A regular Yin practice is a great balance to active yoga styles, regulating the flow of energy in the body, releasing tension and developing a greater range of motion in the body.
The pictures on this page are from the Sunday morning class. The students are in a hip/groin opening posture called the Tadpole.
Most Yogis like the outdoors, and Jana and Diane are no exception. This past summer they were able to enjoy some holidays at the lake, where they kept up their daily exercises.